This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Monday, January 26, 2015

Leg update - Not Dead Yet




 Ok!  I'm not broken, but this meme rules.
  
  Thank you all for the kind wishes.  The results are in and I'm not broken - yay!  Except, my muscle tore off my bone...and as you can guess...it's pretty effin' painful!  I have a severely high tolerance for pain.  I have the crazy piercings to prove it.  Ripping your muscle off your bone HURTS.  A LOT.

  Enough whining.  I learned my lesson.  I'm not the horse whisperer.  I'm not 13 anymore...but the plus side of that is I am legal and able to drown my sorrows with some delicious Sauvignon Blanc.  So I took the day off work to rest my leg.  I hobbled around a bit, and am now relaxing by the fire with some wine.

  I should be good in about 3 weeks time...if I rest and allow it heal.  Icing and keeping it up as much as I can.  A bonus of my hospital visit was this awesome hospital grade ice bag they gave me...I was admiring it's qualities and how perfect it would be for the barn.  They let me take it home with my crutches - so now I have the absolute best ice bandage for my first aid kit!

  Only another month until I can ride outside at home again...so I can sit out the rest of the cold and then before we know it's time to start legging up the horses.  Until then I'll let my leg heal and dream of green grass and cross country fences.  

  Don't try this at home folks.
  

17 comments:

  1. Get well soon! When I tore two ligaments in my ankle this summer, the ice pack was my best friend - as was my trusty bottle of rum. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are better ways to wait out winter than literally ripping muscle from bone. Talk about balls of steel!
    Glad it's not broken, but muscle separating from bone does sound excruciating! Hope it heels up asap and that the Sauvignon Blanc helps ☺
    PS Score on the awesome ice bandage ftw

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you recover quickly! I may put some bets on which horse it was?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ow ow owwwwwwww! Heal up and feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Only a horse girl would say "I got this awesome ice pack for MY INJURED LEG that I will save to use on my horse."

    Srsly.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad to hear it's not broken but good god that doesn't sound much better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ahh, to be young and malleable! Hope you heal well and try to enjoy you forced relaxation. Be glad it's not summer :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Super painful but glad it isn't worse!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL, a true horse person--impressed enough with her ice pack to add it to the pony's first aid kit! Glad it's not broken, and I hope you heal up quickly!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Glad you are going to be okay soon (ish)! Stay warm and drink up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hope you are feeling better soon.. Thank goodness for wine! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well I'm really glad it's not broken, but it still sounds like it sucks! I hope you start feeling better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  13. haha glad you're ok - and awesome bonus ice bag!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love those ice gel pack things! They gave one to my husband when he hurt his back and I loved how even when it was frozen it could still be mushed around and didn't get stiff or hard like ice. Sadly something heavy got set on it when we were moving and it died. I miss that thing. I hope your leg is feeling better and I hope it heals quickly.

    ReplyDelete
  15. “There is no appreciable functional or material difference” between prescription eyewear bought online and bought in brick-and-mortar stores, Timberland Sale Mitchell tells me, but in stores “the cost to the consumer is anywhere from four to ten times more. It turns out that they’re making ridiculous margins on the frames, the lenses and the coatings.” Timberland Outlet online Complete with antiscratch coatings and other pluses, his own glasses cost between $30 and $60 per pair online.

    ReplyDelete
  16. take the cheap nike free 3.0 money are the same, nike free 3.0 sale sale already feel cheap money is his money. Cheap. nike free 3.0 sale driver nike free 3.0 sale cheap never owed ​​him money not to. Anyway,  might also nike free 3.0 australia angered drivers furious contempt. People nike free 3.0 online also merit a meal.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...