This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Friday, January 16, 2015

BALLS OF STEEL Product Review - How to Cool Your Drink Without Watering it Down


  If you read Eventing Nations blog you might remember right before the World Equestrian Games someone had joked on the CoTH forum that the company "Balls of Steel" should sponsor the US Event Team because let's face it, you need those to compete at the 4* level.  The company somehow got ahold of this post and offered their sponsorship for WEG, something truly remarkable.  Here was a company with no ties to the equestrian world offering up product support thanks to social media.  So what are "Balls of Steel" you ask?

  Balls of Steel are the whiskey and wine chillers that don't dilute your drink!   It's no secret that the writer at A Fillys Best Friend likes her wine and whiskey (me), and I especially like it served chilled.  There is a dilemma with wine especially, that adding ice to your drink not only dilutes it but totally ruins the flavour.  When I saw the post on Eventing Nation, they were offering 15% off to any eventer who purchased the Original BOS.  So, to thank the company for supporting fellow eventers and in search of having warm wine no more, I ordered a set online.


  The total after discount and shipping to Canada was around $30 which may seem a bit steep.  But when you realize this company shares some of the profits with testicular and prostate cancer research, it's nothing to turn your back to ;).  With it's Article Core technology, which I won't pretend to be an expert in, they claim to keep your drink at a desirable level without compromising the flavour with dilution from ice cubes.  They are made of stainless and should last a lifetime.  For more specs visit their website linked above.

  The balls arrived a few days after purchase and were presented in a lovely clear box for storage.  A note was sent outling the support your purchase provided, along with a thank you which was a nice personal touch.  I stuck them in the fridge and when I next had a drink, put them to trial.  This was several months ago but I was reminded tonight of what a great product they are.  The hubs and I went out to get beer and wine, and the wine sat on the floor of the car by the heater.  The bottle was warmer than room temperature when I poured myself a glass.  I grabbed the BOS and dropped them into my poured wine glass and let it sit for 10 minutes.

  When I went back to my drink it was completely chilled, more so than the bottle itself in the fridge.  I was able to have my wine at perfect temperature with no effort and no ice!  I highly recommend this product to anyone who is regular drinker of wine or whiskey, or wants an interesting and original gift for a family member.  They also have a variety of related products that would make any whiskey lover smile. It also happens to have a sweet name and let's face it, this product should really be the face (?) of eventing.  Let's hear it for Balls of Steel!

  Cheers!

10 comments:

  1. What an awesome product, love that they support cancer research & reached out to sponsor eventing. Product name is amazing and totally apt for eventers ☺☺☺☺

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I need a second set for the trailer ;)

      Delete
  2. I have only one thing to say about this product: "Shut up and take my money!" :D

    This is awesome, thanks for sharing. After seeing this, my USDF GMO has decided to purchase a pair to to give out to the Adult Amateur rider who has showed the most bravery in overcoming fear and adversity this year. We're calling it "The Brass Balls Award"!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh man, that is SO awesome!!! I should definitely get a few sets for prizes for my shows too...for the adults of course ;)

      Delete
  3. neat! i love the name and the actual practical purpose. a great gift idea too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I kind of want them just because they're called "Balls of Steel" ... Is that weird? I need them in my water bottle for my first event hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I can't help but notice some insinuation here ... liquor cooling gadget on an equine blog? Someone is thinking.
    Now nothing can stop me from bringing booze to horse shows. Nerves? No problem!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The deals on offer here are pretty good. For Black Friday week most air max pas cher products are 20 to 25 per cent off, and if you’re willing to sign up for an email alert you can get 40 per cent off. There are extra savings on offer for using discount codes, plus PayPal users can get nike air max pas cher even more off the purchase price. A gunman fired three shots into a pool hall and then turned his gun on an armed police officer who had staked out the venue in north London in a 2015 nike air max pas cher dramatic shootout caught on CCTV cameras , a court has heard.

    ReplyDelete
  7. cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses At that cheap ray ban sunglasses australia moment. cheap hugged cheap, as if already not go heartache, good times are almost fainted look. cheap cheap comfort ray ban sunglasses outlet australia clinging said slowly, do not cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses worry, there is nothing sad sad thing told me that, say it like cheap ray ban wayfarer sunglasses that is a. ray ban aviator sunglasses sale cheap cheap gently patting on the back, just like my mother to coax their children.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...