This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Monday, January 26, 2015

2015 - 2, Tori - 0


  Last week it was my missing omeprezole, this week it's my broken leg.  Well I don't actually know if it's broken yet, but that's what I'm referring to it as since I can't walk, sit, put on underwear, or my boots.  I'm currently in emerge waiting to be seen by a doctor.  Then it will probably be another hour before I even get an x-Ray. Boo.

  I have no one to blame but myself.  You see this morning I woke up and was scrolling through FB in bed and I watched Elise Wallace's ride at the Mustang Makeover challenge.  Can I jut say I love the horse she picked this year! Wow!  I'm not sure if it was this inspiration that gave me my brilliant idea later in the day but I'm going to have to assume it was at least part of it.

  Picture this.  A cold, sunny January day.  You have just finished cleaning the barn and say goodbye to your friend.  You see your horse waiting for you by the gate and decide to go give them some scratches and hugs.  Your horse enjoys this very much.  You pull your horse closer and remember the days when you were 13, and you used to ride your Appaloosa pony Snapple bareback and bridless across hundreds of acres.  It was second nature, jumping on, being one with the horse.

  I grab my horses hood and swing a leg over.  Ahh, the feeling of a warm blanket and your favorite ride.  In my head I imagine a nice stroll around the field, alas, horse had other ideas.  Horse turns and bolts immediately galloping across the frozen ground.  Knowing this is not going to end well I try to pull the horse up by the hood with no luck, I would have  to bail.  

  At this point we are already full gallop and I go flying off the side, eating ice and failing to bounce off the hard crunchie snow.  I lay there as my horse gallops off and I can't help but burst out laughing.  I laughed and laughed and tried to drag myself out of the field before getting run over.  Horse came gleefully trotting back to me at the gate.  Ha, hilarious.

  7 hours later I still can't walk, or do much of anything, so here I am, waiting.  Fingers crossed it's not broken.  Some things you just have to leave with your youth.

 Horse shall remain nameless.

24 comments:

  1. I usually am rested and pain free when I do my blogging. I have to admire your pluck. Making the best of the situation. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol thank you...it was a good time to get caught up on some reading!

      Delete
  2. Wow! That's terrifying! I hope the diagnosis is a good one, as good as things can be.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh my goodness :( I'm so sorry, fingers crossed its not broken and that prognosis is simple and fast!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Omg!!!! I saw on fb it's not broken but hope it heals super fast.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fingers crossed for swift healing and hot doctors in emergency!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is so wrong to say but the doctor had the softest touch! He wasn't bad at all ;)

      Delete
  6. That's pretty much exactly how I dislocated my ankle eight years ago. Hope it's not broken :( Fingers crossed. Ouch :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. what is the draw to this insanity? LOL it was fun while it lasted...

      Delete
  7. Okay I'm really glad you weren't badly hurt...so that means I can laugh too, right? ;-) Silly human. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh no, oh no, oh no!! Hope your healing is as quick as humanly possible. Ouch!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. oh no!!! that sounds awful - wishing you a swift recovery!! all the same tho - i agree 100%: Elisa's mustang magic performance (and all the videos leading up to it) were SO inspiring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  11. i'm sure it sounded like fun at the time? really, i think like this all the time too... usually someone is there to stop me from doing anything too outrageous. plus, i don't own my own pony so that probably has saved me... best wishes for a quick recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  12. So sorry but I had to laugh!! That is hilarious! I hate that you're in pain though, but I'm glad it's not broken and I hope it heals up really quick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What Mustang Makeover challenge were you watching? The only one I can find with a girl named Elise is from 2012. Is that the one?

      Delete
  13. That is great! We adults no longer bounce :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Over the last three years, he’s bought around 40 pairs — because, at that price, he can. Mitchell was appalled goedkope timberlands schoenen when he first began researching wholesale prices for optical merchandise and realized that opticians acquire lenses for as little as $3 each. “I’ve easily paid twenty times that when I didn’t know any better,” he says. Granted, these glass, plastic, polycarbonate Timberland outlet nederland  or polymer blanks must be ground to fit frames and prescriptions, and this takes work, but it’s not rocket science.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...