This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Penny Goes XC Schooling at Lanes End!



  Penny and I are taking a break from events.  As I have mentioned before we are focusing on dressage and jumper shows, and schooling cross country in an effort to better ensure we are prepared for Training level success.  The way I see it events are a) expensive as fuck, b) hard on your horse, c) extremely time consuming, and d) fun as hell when you succeed - but make you question every inch of your life when you fail.  I love the sport.  I want to be successful.  I want a sound horse.  I don't want to be broke.  My thoughts are - why go eventing when are just doing okay, just getting by, just entering to get around.  I want to enter with the chance to win.  I don't care if I don't win, I just want to at least have it be a possibility!  I no longer see the need to run my horse every other weekend just for the sake of it.  Penny is young - we have many years ahead of us.  She is very talented, I want to save her for my bigger goals.  So for now, we are just having some fun.

  My friend Katie and I went up to a beautiful facility on Sunday called Lane's End Farm.  I have only been to the event there once before but I just love their property and they have a tonne of really fun questions - along with many newly built jumps!

 We got to do - a big trakehner, stairs, a Prelim bank up with ditch in front, Prelim combinations, corners, ditches, coffins, bank complexes, skinnies, and the water!  Penny was looky at the first few fences and needed some legging on.  Once she got into her groove though she went beast mode and jumped just amazingly!


down the stairs no longer an issue!

beast mode into the water


  


flying over the coffin

love this pone 

9 comments:

  1. All those events must be so expensive and tiring.
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are very expensive! When we school however we only pay a schooling fee of $20-$50 depending on the location. Tiring for sure....its a passion!

      Delete
  2. She is a beast! Love the picture of her going into the water!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you had a great time! So happy you have such a good girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks like so much fun even though the jumps are giant and terrifying :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha c'mon Lauren you know want to try them!

      Delete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...