This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Thursday, June 19, 2014

Do You Even Roller Coaster Brah?


    On Sunday Jessica and I, and our boys headed to Toronto to seek some thrills at Canada's Wonderland - the best theme park around these parts!  A good horse free weekend was needed before show season gets on full tilt and this was just what the doctor ordered.  I am kind of a thrill junkie, I guess that's why I love cross country so much.  Roller coasters are another love of my life.

we are excite!
  
rockin the Great Canadian Minebuster


Getting ready to run on the Ghoster Coaster
  It never fails, the minute I strap in and we start moving...the click click click makes my heart wrench and I immediately start doubting myself as to why I strapped myself into this monstrous metal train of death.  All that fear subsides the minute we start to descend over the hill...and it is replaced with sheer adrenaline and ecstasy as we go blazing down at top speed.  The absolute fear followed by the most exciting ride (next to eventing) is what keeps me coming back to the park.  I love love love this place.

I will not ride this one.

See...I'll wait instead :)

  There are a couple of new rides at the park.  One of them is the Leviathan.  It's the 7th tallest coaster in the world - and has a reverse angle drop - something like 86 degrees.  This coaster doesn't have a shoulder harness, but this tiny little plastic thing that sits in your lap.  That is it.  300+ feet in the air and the only thing holding you in is a metal bar with a plastic blob on the end.  I won't lie and say I wasn't terrified to go on this.  I surely was. My tiny little hands could barely hold onto the handles on the plastic blob.  Alas, my entourage forced me upon the ride unto which, I did not die.  In fact - it was a f*cking BLAST.  If you love roller coasters - the Leviathan is definitely for you!

This is my "don't die face"


might pass out - they think it's hilar

I didn't die!

 They have another new ride called the Guardian that was absolutely kick-ass.  It was the longest line of the day but definitely worth the wait.  It runs through Wonder Mountain, and involves a video game type set up where you shoot lasers at villians. I'm going to use this opportunity to brag that Jessica and I kicked some major ass against the boys in this - and were undefeated in the two times we went on. Woot Woot!  There is a wicked surprise at the end of the ride but I will let you find out for yourself what it is - go ride it!

  An absolutely fabulous day - thanks Wonderland :)

In the mountain after riding The Guardian


146 - that's my winning score :)






such a fun ride!

now in love with the Leviathan! Even rode in the front ;)



11 comments:

  1. I can handle roller coasters that are hilly, I can't do upside down or spinning things. I am just not brave enough. Looks like you had a great time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun! We have a similar park, Cedar Point. I also can't understand how that bar hold on in on the coasters, I prefer the harness!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been told Cedar Point is the best park in the world - definitely on my to-do list!

      Delete
  3. My stomach is sick just thinking about it. You sure are a pretty lady, just sayin
    Lily & Edward

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! I LOVE roller coasters! We just went to Six Flags this past weekend and had a blast but I think you had a funnier time.....we had a 5 year old that can't ride many yet LOL

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL yes there were a lot of kids here that day too - since it was Fathers Day!

      Delete
  5. I am okay with some coasters and I'm not even sure what distinguishes those I like and those I don't. But I just refuse to ride some of them.

    Funny story: D and I were on a coaster next to two young girls. I had my eyes squeezed shut because I was absolutely terrified (I'm thinking I looked similar to some of your "oh shit" expressions). Hubs screams "OPEN YOUR EYES!" right as we're starting the 170 foot/70 mph descent. I haven't forgiven him.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dang I haven't been on a roller coaster in so many years! I used to love them, though. Looks like it was lots of fun.

    ReplyDelete
  7. THAT LOOKS SO FUN!!!! I love roller coasters, but haven't been on one in years. Logistics of living many many hours away from good parks, I guess.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That video got my heart racing! We have one like that near me with the inverse drop, but I don't think that is it nearly that long of a drop. It has a similar metal/plastic blob between your legs set up too. Scared me to death the first time!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...