This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Thursday, April 3, 2014

Cable



our old dog Gwen tuning in ♥

  For the first time in 4 or 5 years, we have cable.  I always feel like cable is an unnecessary expense for  us.  I hardly have time to watch tv and if I do want to sit and watch something, I just go online or hit up Netflix.  We've had Netflix for years, we got it when it very first came out and it was the best thing we ever did.  As far as tv goes there are only a few shows I actually like, and I can find them online.

  Not long ago I got an offer in the mail to add satellite to our internet package for under $40 a month.  I thought that deal was pretty good and something we could afford so we figured what the heck - it would be good to at least have the news and hockey!  There is also a channel that airs FEI TV and John Lyons every week...score!

 So, today the cable guy came and hooked us up.  It's weird to watch tv again after all these years.  Of course, our program of choice tonight, on our limited channel selection, is Fear Factor. LOL


{ This post is day 3, letter C of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  
Posts are theme based on the corresponding alphabet letter, starting with A on April 1st.  
Sundays are skipped. 
 The last blog post should finish the challenge on the 30th of April 2014. 
 If you would like to learn more about the A to Z Challenge, please visit this site.  }



11 comments:

  1. Do you have a crime channel? I love the crime channel. For some reason whenever amber leaves in vacation I watch crime shows 24/7. Then I can't sleep becauSe I'm alone so I just watch crime shows all night

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny you should ask that, that is pretty much all I watch online. I love 48 Hour mystery - and like you I can't sleep or be home alone after watching it. It's hard especially when my husband is away with work - which is pretty much all the time!

      Delete
  2. Do you have a crime channel? I love the crime channel. For some reason whenever amber leaves in vacation I watch crime shows 24/7. Then I can't sleep becauSe I'm alone so I just watch crime shows all night

    ReplyDelete
  3. I haven't had cable for 2.5 years? Don't miss it until there is a live event I want to watch

    ReplyDelete
  4. I got rid of my Cable like 4 years ago, I do have Netflix, but sometimes I even ponder cutting that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I could totally live without cable. . .m y husband, however, cannot with all his sports.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel the same, I could live without cable, but my husband could not...

    ReplyDelete
  7. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't even know why my hubs and I have cable. All we watch are NCIS reruns. We do take advantage of the HBO On Demand and watch things like True Blood and whatever detective thing is on now. And Harry Potter, whenever it's on.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Cable after the kids go to bed is our favorite way to relax, by then I'm usually brain dead and can't put much effort into anything else.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...