This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Thursday, March 20, 2014

Taking A Leap



  I'm trying something new.  I'm done with the amateurs getting the shitty end of the stick.  We pay all the big entries while the pros have their clients pay for them.  Prices go up, we are left in the dust.  I'm going to do something about it to help out the ammy riders in Ontario.  Since the events claim they can't lower costs or offer good prizes, I am going to start a Non Profit Organization dedicated to helping fund entry fees of amateur event riders in Ontario.  I have a lot of ideas on how to raise money.  It will be a lot of work, a big project, but it's worth a shot.  I have no idea what I am doing.  But I can learn.

 We already have a Board of Directors.  I started a Website.  For those with web talent I would really appreciate your input and ideas.  If anyone wants to donate time/talent to help create a better logo I am open to this.  Also images for the website would be appreciated ;)  

Ontario Amateur Event Riders Fund

 If you have ideas on how to help fundraise, comments on who should "qualify" for funding, or any other ideas, I would LOVE your input.  I know you are all ammys like me, and your voices are the most important.

 Hopefully this works out, and we can save some fellow riders some money this summer!  The sky is the limit. Wish me luck :)

12 comments:

  1. Just recently started reading your blog and I think this is an incredible idea! Amateur riders unite! :)

    Personally, I don't event (it takes some major guts that I haven't yet developed), but showing even in dressage is like highway robbery! Just the gear to get into showing is enough to drain one's savings, and then you add on office fees, class fees, trailering in, etc, etc. and you're bankrupt!

    Good luck on your non-profit venture. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this idea. I hope it works and can be implemented in other areas as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good idea! Best of luck to you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! Best of luck as I'd really love to see this succeed!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree!! This is fantastic! Best of luck and I hope it turns out awesome! Ammies united. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great idea! I wish it great success and hope the idea catches on everywhere!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love this idea! I hope it works out great for you and you may have inspired me to start something as well for my area. I remember when I was in high school and couldn't afford showing or leasing... would be great for other people to have the opportunity!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great idea! Kudos to you for taking the leap putting it into action :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome idea! I think it will take off. Just keep spreading the word and workin' hard!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks everyone! Will keep you all posted :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This is such a great idea!! I managed to event exactly one time before I started university and ran out of money to pay for it. Entry fees are stupid expensive and people shouldn't be left out just because they cant afford it (especially with such an awesome sport). I live west of Toronto so if you need any help on this end let me know :) I also have a friend who quit riding to go to school for graphic design I'm sure she would be willing to help with a logo. Feel free to email me shosack@uoguelph.ca

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...