This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Monday, February 10, 2014

More Whining, More Jumping



 Nothing to do, nothing to see here.  It has snowpocolpysed every day for the last two weeks and frankly, I'm just tired.  This is about the time I start to get really whiny and depressed when my husband is away with work.  Going on our second set of 6 weeks with him on duty.  Of course it has be the coldest, snowiest, most miserable winter in the last 30 years, and I have spent close to three months of it on my own.  The joys of being a MilSo.

 This weekend I was sat on my ass by a wicked case of food poisoning or a flu bug.  Not really sure which it was, don't much care either.  All I know is I spent 8 hours with my head in the porcelain throne.  Such a great weekend was had - NOT.  Needless to say I didn't get to ride, I only got to see my horses last night and Penny showed me how much she missed me by biting me on the boob when I hugged her.  Ya Penpen, MISSED YOU TOO.

 Thank goodness for my parents, I can't thank them enough for the help they have been this winter.  My mom came and did the barn for me Saturday morning while I was still sick in bed, and my dad ploughed the driveway for the 134th time.  Of course it snowed again yesterday and it needs to be done again but for now - I am going to be a rebel and just leave it be.  I still feel like death and the only thing keeping me going at this point is knowing there is a holiday next Monday, and that March is only 3 weeks away....and with March I am hoping some warmer temps will finally be here.

 I'll leave you with some more videos of the amazing Parker jumping with Jessica, and me and William doing some gymnastics from last Thursday night.  Go ponies!

7 comments:

  1. This winter is just wretched. I feel like all of us in the blogosphere are just like "waaaaah" we hate this...

    But what else is there to say?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ugh, sorry to hear you've been sick! Hang in there I really do think there might be an end in sight soon! This winter just needs to move along!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous picture of the snow. Helpful parents who come and do work around the farm are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hear you about winter. Yuck yuck yuck! I'm a MilSo too... Quadruple yuck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry to hear you were sick, ugh. I had a weekend like that in January (not quite so bad, but also no one to rescue me from barn work, haha). Once this dreaded winter is over we're all going to have the BEST YEAR EVER to make up for it! Haha...at least I hope so. Hang in there!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This winter has been awful weather-wise. Spring needs to come!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry you were sick when you have so many responsibilities! Thank goodness for family pitching in. I was sick this week too. Caught step. throat form one of the kids at work :(

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...