This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Meet the Blogger Blog Hop!

  


Things have been relatively boring around the farm this week.  It's been way too cold (-25C) to ride so I took a few nights off.  I actually was able to sit down and watch a couple of movies for once which was nice, and also get wrapping presents and preparing packages for mailing.

 Today for something different, I thought I would join in on the pet blogger "Meet the Blogger" blog hop.  Basically, pet bloggers from around the net are outing themselves from behind their computer screens and putting themselves front and center for a little introduction to who they are, what they love, and to prove once and for all - just how awesome they all are (was there any doubt?)

 The Meet the Blogger blog hop is hosted by the following blogs.  Be sure to stop by each of those blogs, and the members who have joined into the blog hop to learn a little bit about them too!


Jodi from Kol's Notes
Amy from Go Pet Friendly
Mel from No Dog About It
Julie from The Daily Dog Blog
Kim from CindyLu's Muse
Leslie from Bringing Up Bella
Kristine from Rescued Insanity
Peggy from Peggy's Pet Place
Dawn from NEPA Pets
Jodi from Heart Like A Dog
- See more at: Life With Desmond



Now to meet the blogger...

First you must post a recent picture of yourself.  This is one I took this weekend on the way to see Drake in concert :)



Next I will answer some random questions provided;

What's your favorite non-animal related book? 

 Best of Times by Penny Vincenzi...I love all her work really.

What's your favorite non-animal related movie? 

  I have so many favorite movies, it's hard to pick.  I will list a few; Say Anything, Moulin Rouge, The Girl Next Door, Cocktail, Casablanca, any 80's teen or romance film~

What's your favorite non-animal related food? 

 Poutine...my guilty pleasure.

Who's your favorite actor? 

 Ewan McGregor, Jim Sturgess, David Duchovny

What's one thing you have to do every day? 

 See my horses!

What makes you feel fabulous? 

 A good ride, a glass of wine, and having a nice tan :)

What do you wish you were more skilled at? 

Dressage

What's your favorite holiday?  

Hallowe'en

What's your favorite meal?  

Curry and cashew dishes

What do you like to do in your free time? 

Ride, blog, wine....rinse, repeat.

What one word would people who know you use to describe you?  

Strong

If your pets could talk, what one word would THEY use to describe you?  

Fun

What is one thing you've done that you're most proud of?  

Turned my life around, bought a farm.

How is your pet most like you?  

I have so many pets so this will be vague...the dogs are like me because they love getting up and doing stuff.  Always up for an adventure.  The horses are like me because they like burn through money like no other being.

What can your body do for you that makes you most proud?  

 Keep me on my horse should they decide to attempt to dislodge me from their back.  I have mad stay on skills thanks to my body.

If you could change one thing about your life what would it be? 

I would make more money and work less (dreamer) and Canada would stop being so freaking cold in the winter.

Other than blogging, what are three things you do that bring you joy? 

Horses (riding, care, competing), devoting my life to my animals, and have good talks while drinking wine with friends and family. 

What's one thing you could do to be more kind to yourself? 

Eat better.

What drives you nuts about your pets? 

Barking, dog hair, and the cost associated with horse ownership.

What melts your heart? 

A good friend. A good laugh.

If you didn't have your current pets, what pets would you choose to have? - 

If I didn't have dogs or horses, I would probably have a parrot. A talking one!



Thanks for stopping by the meet the blogger blog hop!


Meet the Pet Bloggers Hop



14 comments:

  1. Love reading about life outside of horses some :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. David is awesome! Probably one of my favorite actors too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was great to learn more about you. Apparently lots of are wine lover. We should have a meet up and all talk wine.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am just loving this hop and I'm so glad that you joined and I got to learn more about you!

    I still remember reading your post when you bought your farm. It was awesome and I could just see and feel how excited and proud you were when you wrote about it :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was certainly a big landmark in my life!

      Delete
  5. Wonderful to learn more about you and your blog. Love the horses! And yes a good glass a wine is a must!
    Maggie

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very nice to learn about you. You are very pretty too. If I was there I would be freezing my tiny tail off
    Lily

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there - I followed the Blog Hop here - nice to see a horse blogger! I have a horse blog but have moved my focus to the new dog one. Looking forward to catching up on your adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm late getting over here (so many posts!) but I'm so glad you joined us for the hop. I loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am still trying to get through the meet the bloggers hop. I almost couldn't find yours because you linked to your home page and not your post in the hop (so it was buried in the older posts).

    When I saw how cold it was where you are at, and that you like Poutine, I thought "she must live in Canada" :) I can't say that I have ever tried the stuff, although several restaurants in Washington State serve it too.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...