This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Tuesday, October 29, 2013

The Great Broom Mystery

Tired Pen after our clinic.

  Sunday afternoon I returned home from a dressage clinic, in which I rode Penny and William.  More on the clinic to come, the real theme of this post is what I returned home to.  I didn't have time to clean stalls before I left, so I turned the horses out for a short bit while I was going to do the barn chores.  I cleaned the stalls and went looking for my favorite broom for the final sweep, but alas, it was no where to be found.

it's just not the same with this broom.
 I checked all the stalls, checked the feed room, checked the tack room, checked the garage, the garden, the house, I even checked the field and - nothing!  Like it just disappeared into thin air. Where could it have gone?  I gave up searching and used my back up broom, which I truly hate.  To top things off, my leafblower died so there will be no arm free sweeping.  Seems as though the powers that be want my barn to stay dirty and dusty - but alas - they can not stop my obsessive barn cleaning!

still spotless.
  The question remains, where DID my broom go?  Will I ever find it again...or did some witch ride off on it?


13 comments:

  1. It's like the disappearing socks!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Exactly! I was just talking about that the other day too!

      Delete
  2. The replacement broom looks guilty to me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually laughed out loud - it so does!

      Delete
  3. I had a horse once who ate the broom. The only evidence was the piece of the handle where the corn part is wired on was hidden under the bushes on the back fence line of his paddock. (yes, he even ate part of the wooden handle, and no he was not starving!) All I can think is that I must have been sweeping the aisle way and left it leaning too close to his stall and he stole it to take outside and destroy. Either that or there is a serial broom abductor/murderer on the loose :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ok! I'm going to add those two possibilities to my list. I didn't check the field yet!

      Delete
  4. I also have a favourite broom and would be crushed if it disappeared!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really annoying! And just weird!

      Delete
  5. That is probably the cleanest barn I've ever seen!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I have OCD and it has it's pluses lol

      Delete
  6. I think it was a plan hatched by Parker and Sugarfoot - they tossed it over to the goats

    ReplyDelete
  7. I bet a witch is flying around the sky on it now!

    Your barn is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm guessing a witch stole it :)

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...