This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Staycation Over! Conformation Critique Please :)


  I have been busy busy busy but that is finally over with (hopefully).  I took a week off of work to prepare my farm for our third Short Course Event which was a huge success.  It was a staycation, but turned more into a workcation that never ended.  I am officially exhausted, but my farm looks great and I have a few new cross country fences out of it!  More on that later!  For now, I want to have some fun with some FABULOUS pictures of my guys my lovely boarder Susan took for me.  I wanted some good conformation pics and she certainly delivered.

 If you are into this sort of thing, please do a critique of each of their conformations.  The good, the bad, and the ugly.  Let me know who you think has the best jump, gallop, and movement based on their conformation and I can confirm or deny your hypothesis.  I am planning on posting them on CoTH and getting users to guess their ages/breeds/ and comment, but I can't really do that here since most know their history.  Here they are;


"Parker"

"Penny"

"William"
  Looking forward to hearing what everyone has to say!



13 comments:

  1. William looks like such a pony compared to the two TBs! How tall is he?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know doesn't he! LOL he's just over 16. Parker was17.1 when I got him last fall, not sure about Penny.

      Delete
  2. All your horses are gorgeous. I'm no pro or anything but I'm trying to learn. And don't take anything I say seriously, your horses are wonderful. I like how Parker looks, the angle to his front lower legs is wider compared to your other horses. Does that cause him to hit the tip of his hooves? Penny's coat is sooo pretty. Only thing with her is her back looks a little down hill (maybe an illusion cause of her wither?). And I like William's conformation. I really like how none of your horses have a "hunter bump" or roached back, shows they aren't being ridden poorly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Parker has a lot of toe action - but more floaty out the front. I don't have a lot to say about his movement since I have only seen him mostly in the field, I don't have a lot of riding videos of him. I love his build though. Penny I swear is half Alka-Teke, her coat is legit COPPER. So shiny. She is definitely a little downhill. I think that might be a trait that Storm Cat lines posses? Thank you!

      Delete
  3. So I suck at confirmation - I just kind of go by gut feel when I look at confirmation shot. Penny's my favorite, then Parker, and finally William. I think William is my least favorite because of how his neck attaches to his body but don't ask what I think that affect movement-wise! They are all lovely and I agree with S. Lauren - Penny's coat is quite simply amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Williams neck is the root of all his problems. It's sort of "shoved" into his body, which the Chiro thinks is a result of how he was turned out and his living conditions as a young horse, not grazed enough or fed roundbales in a feeder etc. I am always trying to get him to stretch that short little neck out! He is by far the nicest mover. I've always been told its attributed to shoulder angle - who knows.

      Delete
  4. Have to admit that I am a sucker for Parker. I LOVE his face/expression and I think he looks the most balanced from his conformation. I know that Penny is a STAR from your blog, though, so I have a soft spot for her too :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree...that is how I ended up with him. I mean look at that face, those legs! ahaha. Hopefully once he is more in work his neck and topline will grow a bit more.

      Delete
  5. I love Parker's uphill build and his short back. I think that Penny is also well put together, and once she is in more work and you turn the muscling of her neck upside down, it will really change this overall picture.

    And I agree, if William had a longer neck, he'd be pretty perfect.. although I just love how balanced he is otherwise!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I should find Parker's registration photos for you. It would be interesting to see how he looked then, compared to now! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am not good at confirmation- I either know it's good or bad lol!

    All of your ponies are beautiful!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Im not very good at judging conformation - but they are gorgeous!!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...