This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Monday, April 8, 2013

Guinea Pigs SQUEEE!


  I just love Guinea Pigs.  I currently only have the one Louis right now, but I would love to get one or two more.  We got Louis from a family that had too many when Jesse and I first got married around 2 and a half years ago.  He has grown into a big fluffy guy who lives the high life.  I had another Venkman, but I lost him in the fall.  He was about 8 years old and lived a good life.

 In the summer Louis lives in the spare hay stall....he has half of the stall to himself with ample shavings, a big pile of hay, and lots of tunnels to run through and hide in.  In the winter, he lives in a kiddy pool I made into a Guinea Pig pen elevated off the floor in our heated garage.  He is safe from the dogs out there, and gets attention every day when I bring him treats and check his water.



 Guinea Pigs remind me a lot of horses.  They are timid at first, but once tamed can be very friendly.  They love hay, and they graze all day on whatever goodies are in their home.  They have little horse like personalities and they just crack me up.   If I wasn't a horse girl I am almost certain I would be a crazy Guinea Pig lady.

  If you want a happy Guinea Pig, check out Cavy Cages website.  Brilliant stuff there with the proper do's and don't for Guinea Pig ownership.

Consider a Guinea Pig, if you know someone with a child or even an adult looking for that first pet.  They are excellent companions and are guaranteed to bring a smile to your face.

 Any other Guinea Pig lovers out there?

the days before the iPhone ;)



{ This post is day 7, letter G of the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.  
Posts are theme based on the corresponding alphabet letter, starting with A on April 1st.  
Sundays are skipped. 
 The last blog post should finish the challenge on the 30th of April 2013. 
 If you would like to learn more about the A to Z Challenge, please visit this site.  } 


11 comments:

  1. He's lovely! Typits next door neighbour has just had some baby guinea pigs and rabbits and she really really would love to have either as she had both as children! She told her other half and he said they could make it work, but with a collie she just doesn't know if that would be fair! She she just has to love them through other people at the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, my friend...we once had (my two daughters, that is) a gerbil, and gerbils and guinea pigs must be somewhat akin to one another, so even though the guinea pigs are cute to look at, I don't think they are my cup of tea, so to speak. Yours is adorably cute! :) Soft, furry little critters, and all. Best regards to you. Ruby

    ReplyDelete
  3. Louis sounds like he has a nice set-up in the barn with being able to run in such a large area. When I was growing up, we had two guinea pigs. They lived indoors in the family room in a large cage. I remember them being so soft and eager for attention.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never had one as a pet, but they sure are cute!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want a naked guinea so bad, they look like little hippos.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I had 2 Guinea pigs when I was growing up. Best pets!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have Charlie and Oscar, 2 brothers in a 2 X 4 C&C cage. I love listening to their squeaks when they hear plastic rattling LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, that is so cute! I would really like a hedgehog. Guess I have more of a prickly personality!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, he's a lucky little guy with all that room to roam.

    ReplyDelete
  10. would love to get one but don't think my rabbits are going to like their high-pitched squeals.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...