This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Friday, March 22, 2013

Stryder in Tha House!



 Our newest foster has arrived from Poets Vision Aussie Rescue...and this time, we GOTS A PUPPY!!!  

 On a more serious note, we have a 12 week old little guy named Stryder.  He is supposed to be an Aussie, but we think he is probably actually a Catahoula cross.  Since I have much experience with Catahoulas, I am a prime candidate to foster.  I do think he is a Houla.  His colour and body would suggest so at least.  His temperament will confirm in the next few weeks.  He reminds me so much of my old dog Scheaffer...


 Stryder is hearing impaired, and has limited vision in one eye.  His right eye is not entirely developed due to lethal white syndrome.  In the terms of the dog world, he is fairly disabled.  You would never know it though.  Aside from a bump into the wall here and there, he is full of energy and has been bounding all over the house since he arrived.  My boys; Broo, Bentley, and Ozzy, have all taken a real shine to him.  They seem very excited and joyous to have a puppy in the house.  We shall see if I feel the same way when the 3 am wake up calls start.


 I hope to bring Stryder a safe and loving environment where he can learn to love and trust people and other dogs.  Where he can gain his skills at observing his environment, learn hand signals, and hopefully someday soon, find his loving forever home.

 Welcome to the farm Stryder xo.

 For more about lethal whites, check out an old blog post here.

with his other foster brother pup Zephyr



  

12 comments:

  1. Aw, he's such a cutie! It's so good of you to foster him - you really do have the perfect environment for it. So nice that your boys are taking to him well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. He's adorable. So nice of you to foster dogs, I wouldn't be able to let them go. I'm sure he'll get a good home. I'm glad your other dogs enjoy him too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So nice of you to foster! What a cute guy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw he is adorable.! What a sweetie.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's so nice of you to foster dogs. He's really cute!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful! I hope to adopt a lethal white when we are ready for a second dog! Such a shame when that happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you everyone! Here is hoping we can find him a forever home :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Gorgoues pups. Fostering is the best and the hardest job, especially when you find a good one you want to keep!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awwwww!!! Cutest puppy ever!! I'm sure you'll have no problem finding them a home!!

    Hugs!

    Valerie Nunez and the Flying Platypi

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...