This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Friday, February 22, 2013

An Update on Little Liam


  Since Liam is at my moms farm for the next while, I don't see him all day every day like I do my other guys.  I try and get over to their place once a week, and before William so kindly picked up an abscess, I was over there Friday, Saturday and Sunday with William.  It seems like every week I walk into the barn, the little Liam is growing again.

 He isn't doing much, coming in at night, getting a curry, going out all day and just being a baby.  It's hard to believe he is almost two now.  In just a few weeks I will have had him for a year.  Time is flying by....it really is.  I'm not sure why the winter seems to be dragging on so long but that is another complaint altogether.

 Once the weather clears up a bit, I am going to start some ground work with Liam, and introduce him to the lunge.  He is already incredibly well handled and worked on the ground from his prior owner.  I mean, he showed when he was a weanling for eff sakes.  Bathed, clipped, trailered...the whole shebang.  I actually was put in touch with his Sires original owner and she sent me a photo of him showing as a weanling.  How freaking cute is this guy!!!




 Depending on how the lunge work goes, I am going to start him under saddle lightly shortly afterwards.  I would really love to show him in the ApHCC shows this summer in the 2 year old classes.  We have a lot of work to do before then but it's not an impossible goal.  He is such a smart easy going guy, I don't anticipate too much trouble.  That being said, you never know with Appies. They are SO damn smart.

 I have never shown on the Appy circuit, or any breed circuit for that matter, so it will be a new learning experience for me.  So far, the people I have met have been very helpful and encouraging, which is giving me some good vibes about the Appy world in my region.


as a weanling
  So, Liam is just chillaxin', growing steadily every day. Just look at his picture from weanling to where he is now.  He is almost two, and just about over 16 hands.







at 1 1/2

 Should be an interesting and educational summer with him.  Now for the warm weather to appear....

16 comments:

  1. Sweet horse. I didn't know appaloosa's were so smart (I had to look up 'appy'-see I just learned something:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh is he cute! His eye looks very intelligent. I love his markings as well but oh mama! That's a lot of white - have you bought stock in QuicSilver yet? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know...he is getting whiter by the day too...which kind of sucks because I love the blanket. Will have to stock up on that!

      Delete
  3. Baby show photos made me melt <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. So cute, whats his breeding? My trainer showed an appy stud in the 80s on the Hunter/Jumper circuit, or maybe it was the 70s I don't remember.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. http://www.allbreedpedigree.com/djs+silver+fusion

      Delete
  5. He is stunning! I can't wait to hear how things progress with him!

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is GORGEOUS! I love Appys. Glad hes doing well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh man he is SO cute! I LOVE Appy's especially with the blanket on his back/bootie!

    Oh I can't wait to see him under saddle and what you do with him!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just enjoying the good life! Lucky young guy!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...