This blog is about my life, a 31 yr old filly; working in the city, balancing her career, passion for horses, dogs, and the life they deserve. Following my dreams, and getting there takes a lot of patience and a sense of humour. This is my take on life, and the amazing and stupid things in it.

Monday, September 14, 2009

Archie Picks his Gal - Wedding this Wednesday!




Well, it only took 68 years, but Archie Andrews finally manned up and proposed to one of his two lifetime flings. **Spoiler Alert** If you didn't know who he picked, you're about to find out.

In August 2009, Archie proposes to Veronica. Shockingly, she says yes.


I can confidently say this appears to be yet another case of a man following the wrong head. I mean, obviously I favour Veronica. She's got it all. Looks, power money, great sense of fashion and a in cling for getting what she wants. I can't help but think that in the long run, Archie will just not be man enough to satisfy her every demand. It's obvious what Archie sees in her, but what really, does Ronnie see in Archie? He is a two-timing, bumbling ginger who can't keep a job or get his car to the corner store without it failing. I call the typical "want what you can't have", or competition syndrome. Maybe there isn't much to Archie for Veronica, but the fact that Betty wants him is enough to keep her interested. The proposal is Veronica's chance once and for all, to win this competition.

What say Miz Betty Cooper about this? Bad enough she has been shafted time and time again to Veronica, but to have Archie choose her as marriage material over Betty just seems insane. Betty is the loyal, trustworthy, sweet heart. The kind of girl that guys gush they want to make their wives. Much like real life though, the guys will tell you one thing and do another. How many boys I have known to say they are looking for a sweet, caring, decent girl who doesn't party too much, only to turn around and date the biggest bar star in the county. As Patti from Millionaire Matchmaker would say - he's using his head all right, just not the right one.

Who will be the maid of honour for such a wedding? Betty? I mean come on, talk about major buzz kill. Bad enough your on-off again boyfriend is marrying your best friend, you have to stand up there and watch and pretend to be happy? Making toasts and watching them kiss. Talk about torture!! What did Betty ever do to deserve this insanity!!

So, let's be real here for a moment. Are Archie and Veronica REALLY going to get married? Are they in love, or is there a drop in comic book sales? What will happen to Betty? Has she finally realized she is too good for Archie and doesn't need to play second string to Ronnie anymore? Perhaps Veronica will also realize that Archie has little to offer and her and Betty will run off to find bigger and better men.

I wish I could predict how it will play out, but I just for the life of me can't single out one possibility. I am hoping for the girls, leaving Archie...and finding these hidden mean in Riverdale - who know how to treat a girl right.

1 comment:

  1. 'Well, Archie, mate, listen, I just wanted to let you in on a little conspiracy going on around your wedding. Shhhush, mate! Don't talk to too loud. Veronica is nearby, aw'right?'

    I look forward to the invite :-).

    Greetings from London.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a comment if you have something to share!  I love hearing from readers <3

Spread The Love!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...